I was asked by one of our members to come up with a healthy cookie that had no flour or refined sugar in. After a few attempts I cracked it with these coconut and cashew cookies. They're made with porridge oats and sweetened with raisins and they taste amazing.
Plus they have the added benefit of being actually filling so you don't need to eat loads. Take a look at the video and see the recipe below. You should get around 8 to 10 cookies from these ingredients.
What you need:
- 80g porridge oats
- 50g raisins
- 20g desiccated coconut
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 40g chopped cashew nuts
- 2 tsp honey
- 2 egg whites
- A dash of milk (you may not need this though
What you do:
- Preheat your oven to 150c (gas mark 3)
- Put all the dry ingredients into a bowl (apart from the nuts) and then mix them in a blender or food processor.
- Add the chopped nuts, honey and egg whites.
- The mixture should be pretty thick but you can add a little milk here if you need to.
- Mix all the ingredients together.
- Spoon your mixture onto a baking sheet. Try to keep your cookies pretty thin.
- Bake them in the oven for around 10 minutes.