Who doesn't like a muffin for breakfast? But have you seen how many calories are in those things? You won't get much change out of 400 calories and around one quarter of that will be sugar. So can you make a healthier version with less sugar? Tell you what, how about a sugar free muffin? Yep, all the sugar in these bad boys is in fruit. Oh and did I mention there's no wheat flour in these either. That makes them gluten free.
Cinnamon and Raisin Muffins.
This recipe will get you around 6 decent sized muffins.
What you need
- 60g Coconut oil
- 60g Butter
- 150g peeled banana
- 120g Rice flour
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 25g Spelt flour (or regular wholemeal four if you're OK with gluten)
- 100g raisins
- 2tsp cinnamon (or more if you like them really cinnamonny (if that's a word)).
What you do
- Stick the oven on at 180c or Gas mark 4.
- Melt the coconut oil and butter then mix the two together.
- In a separate bowl, peel and mash the banana. The riper the banana the better.
- Mix the mushed banana in with the coconut oil and butter.
- Add the rice flour and mix everything together well.
- In a separate bowl add the eggs, spelt flour and baking powder. Mix these together well and then add this to the cake mixture.
- Finally stir in the sultanas and cimmamon.
- Mix everything together and transfer your mixture into muffin cases.
- Bake for 30 -35 minutes.
- Allow them to cool before tucking in.