I was set a challenge when one of The Accumulator members emailed be looking for some help for her son. After a little experimenting I came up with these savoury muffins. Essentially they're based on a Frittata recipe but I played with the ingredients a little and cooked them a little differently. Now I love them so much they are my go to lunch time choice. Especially when I'm short on time. They're packed with protein, healthy fats and the only carbs come from veggies.
As I explain in the video (see below) you can experiment with the ingredients a little but the ones I've listed below are my current favourite. They are great straight from the oven but equally nice cold.
Do feel free to let me know if you try something a little different. The ingredients below will make around 2 muffins which is perfect for lunch.
What you need:
- 20g finely chopped onion
- 20g finely chopped red pepper
- 10g chopped sun-dried tomato
- 2 eggs
- 1tsp paprika
What you do:
- Pre-heat your oven to around 200c.
- Combine all ingredients into a bowl and mix well.
- Add a little oil to two muffin cases and make sure the cases are lined (I use the rubbery, re-useable cases).
- Put your muffins in the oven for around 20 minutes. Poke them with a cocktail stick to make sure they are cooked (the cocktail stick should come out clean).
- Optional: Sprinkle a little grated cheese on top and pop them under the grill to brown.