On paper this recipe should not work. But try it once and you'll agree it could be the best scrambled eggs recipe ever. As a protein packed breakfast this really works. Especially if you are a porridge lover like me. Don't be put off by the banana though.
While I was out for my run this morning my chickens had been busy laying eggs so I decided to take advantage (perfect timing girls). I started out with Nichola's recipe of two ingredient pancakes but needed something a little more filling. So, I mixed things up and decided to combine her recipe with the ingredients I put in my porridge just to see what would happen. The answer is: yum happens. I always have some flaxseeds with my porridge, these are a great source of Omega 3 and have cancer fighting properties too. Then I finished with a blob of Greek yoghurt and some cinnamon. However I'm guessing you could experiment with loads of different alternatives. Chia seeds, grated apple, blueberries, maybe even cacao nibs. Actually you're probably on your own there. Anyway, here's how I did it, please give it a try and let me know what you think.
What you need:
- 2 x large eggs.
- 1 x banana.
- 2 tablespoons of porridge oats.
- Spoonful of Greek Yoghurt.
- Sprinkle of Cinnamon.
What you do:
- Pre-heat a pan with a little coconut oil.
- Mash the banana with a fork.
- Add the eggs and oats.
- Mix the ingredients together.
- When the pan is hot, pour the ingredients in and keep the mixture moving until the eggs are cooked.
- Serve with the yoghurt, cinnamon or whatever you fancy.