We all have those naughty food items we simply cannot resist and I'm no exception. I love chocolate spread but it's not healthy. So I did some experimenting and here's the result. This recipe contains no dairy, no refined sugar (the shop bought stuff comes in at around 40%) and it's just as nice as the real thing. Here's how to make healthy chocolate spread.
What you need
- 50g of super ripe banana
- 2 tablespoons of nut butter
- 2 tablespoons of cacao (or cocoa) powder
- 1 tsp honey (optional)
- a pinch of salt
What you do
- Mash up your banana and add the nut butter, cacao powder and salt.
- Add some honey but it's not essential. The riper your banana is the sweeter it will be.
- Mix the whole thing up in a blender (or you can do it by hand).
- Spread it on your favourite cracker, wholemeal bread or anything you fancy.